Not a version announcement

Availability announcements of the latest betas, etc.

Re: Not a version announcement

Postby mbenchoff » 03 Sep 2009, 14:56

Here's hoping for your continued recovery! I've been a fan and user of FinderPop since OS9 (at least), and it's served me well for over a decade. The only piece of software I've used for longer has been BBEdit. Keep up the great work, dude!
mbenchoff

Postby mrpwick » 21 Sep 2009, 15:11

turly.....

I LOVE Finderpop!!!! I was going to write and tell you how I installed Snow Leopard, and, with a little biit of help from me (I deleted some files in Library!) it completely screwed up my Mac Pro!

There was something called FP-injector in Activity monitor using 99%+ of my CPU all the time. My fans were going berserk. After 3 calls to Applecare they eventually explained and helped me to uninstall FP (if I'd realised what FP-injector was I could have done that myself!
Anyway, after resetting the SMC and PMU and the contortions of restting PRAM I am up and running normally again. But I do so miss FP!!!!!!
NOW.......

All of the above pales into complete insignificance when I read about your accident. Are you sure it wasn't the Beer? :-)) Just get completely well again as soon as possible - speaking as an ex GP it will take longer than you think - and when you are completely well you can begin to thinking about helping all of we deprived souls who miss our almost continouous use of FP!
posting.php?mode=reply&f=3&t=17#
mrpwick

Postby turly » 21 Sep 2009, 21:34

Thanks mrpwick!

I'm sorry to hear that FP was causing problems on Snow Leopard. You must have been running an old version of FinderPop, I fixed that "100% CPU" bug in v 2.2 back in January (actually in 2.1.3b9 in June 2008.)

Anyway, I hope to release a properly-compatible version for Snow-Leopard in the not-too-distant future... working on it!

Cheers!
turly
Site Admin

Postby mhale62 » 23 Sep 2009, 19:03

Jeez Turly, talk about a cosmic dope-slap :o

Although I admit that lack of FP is the only thing keeping me from running SL full time I'd much rather you focused on healing; your call OC.

It's good to hear you're up and at 'em,
m
mhale62

Postby jonas » 28 Sep 2009, 20:15

I just upgraded to Snow Leopard. Rebooted. Right clicked to get the FP-menu. Cried. Remembered how I felt going from Mac OS 9 to Mac OS X without FP.
I thought "What could be worse than running a Mac without FP"? Apparently getting hit by the bus...
When FP 3.0. is out I'll send another pint your way.
Best wishes,
jonas

Postby chaz0703 » 16 Nov 2009, 06:23

I have only just stumbled onto a MacWorld review of FinderPop, so I was looking to try it out. When I read about your incident in Barcelona, my heart really went out to you. That was a very unfortunate event and even without ever meeting you, reading your post about the incident was especially touching in its lightheartedness. I'm really glad that you are doing better!
chaz0703

Previous

Return to Version Announcements