FinderPop 2.5.7

Availability announcements of the latest betas, etc.

Re: FinderPop 2.5.7

Postby freddie40 » 06 Aug 2015, 06:56

Can someone conform the FP does not work with El Capitan Public Beta 4, or am I doing something wrong.

Dave
freddie40

Postby turly » 06 Aug 2015, 10:22

As the previous page of posts testifies, FinderPop doesn't work with the new "rootless" security feature of El Capitan.

Even when you disable rootless, FP still doesn't work properly with the new Finder, I need to install it and grovel around in the new Finder to see how it is handling contextual menus.
Unfortunately I have been up the walls with "real" work for the last couple of months and this will continue for the next few months too.

I should have a spare weekend sometime to install it and play with it and hopefully fix the contextual menus in the new Finder, but given that it will need "rootless" turned off in order to work at all, I can't see many people willing to do that. Unless another workaround is discovered, of course, but my feeling is that Apple will play whack-a-mole and kill such workarounds.
turly
Site Admin

Postby rene204 » 18 Oct 2015, 10:07

Hello, will be a Version for El Capitane... (maybe with workaround to disable SIP temporary...?)

please give us a feedback...

thanks... Rene
rene204

Postby turly » 19 Oct 2015, 15:38

Unfortunately, SIP would need to be disabled all the time while using FinderPop.
turly
Site Admin

Postby wmgmartin » 26 Oct 2015, 12:52

I loved finderpop and used it all the time. I'm really sorry to see that it is disabled under the new MAC OS and that there is no remedy.
wmgmartin

Postby wmgmartin » 28 Oct 2015, 13:10

Because of El Capitan, Finderpop is disabled and access to the folder of Finderpop items is denied. Is there anyway I can get to that folder since I have some original items in it?
wmgmartin

Postby turly » 28 Oct 2015, 23:00

Spotlight will find it ... IIRC the FinderPop Items folder is in your home directory's Library folder.
turly
Site Admin

Postby modelamac » 09 Nov 2015, 14:56

wmgmartin wrote:Because of El Capitan, Finderpop is disabled and access to the folder of Finderpop items is denied. Is there anyway I can get to that folder since I have some original items in it?

Easiest way: Open System Preferences/FinderPop. Select "Items" tab. Select "Show 'FinderPop items' folder..." Now you can add/remove to your hearts content.

At the top of that Finder window, you should see a blue folder with "FinderPop Items" next to it. Grab the folder and put it in your Finder sidebar. It will always be available henceforth.

What indication are you seeing that denies you access to that folder? Is it because you are running in a standard User account rather than an Administrative account? Does the folder have a little red badge on it? If the latter, "Get Info" on the folder. At the bottom of the new window, click the lock and unlock it with the Admin password. Then select the gear and add yourself and Read & write to the permissions section. Now you have access and can add/rem one as desired.
modelamac

Previous

Return to Version Announcements