FinderPop 2.2.2 THRILLSEEKER BETA "32 bits is plenty!"
is now available at: http://www.finderpop.com/FP222-ThrillSe ... d-Only.zip
I got 10.6 installed last night, so I could finally work on FP. This interim release
is to provide a small bit of Snow-Leopard (10.6) compatibility. If you don't use 10.6, or aren't willing to put up with what is undeniably beta software, don't bother with this version.
Please DON'T PUBLICISE THIS
as it's waay too early to inflict on your average user.
* SNOW LEOPARD ONLY
* Non-Apple apps ONLY
(not quite true: 32-bit
Apple apps work fine, but not the Finder...)
* 386 ONLY
* 32-BIT ONLY
(won't work in 64-bit apps)
- New (for FinderPop) method of adding itself to apps
- This version of FP seems to work fine with 32-bit applications on Snow Leopard 10.6.1
- The FinderPop "Processes" submenu now tells you if an app is 64-bit when you Cmd-Option to get info on it
- 64-bit apps don't do Carbon. FinderPop does a *LOT* of Carbon. It's going to be a fun rewrite in Cocoa...
- You can force 64-bit Apple apps to run in 32-bit mode - see, for example, http://www.rainmakerinc.com/kb/index.php?article=95
- Unfortunately the Finder always
operates in 64-bit mode. Which is why I'm working on the 64-bit version - otherwise it would be called "Everything but Finder"-Pop :-/
As for the 64-bit rewrite, for me the most important feature is the click-in-unused-menubar facility, so that's first up.
I will eventually pull everything together into a 10.4/10.5/10.6-compatible release.
As usual, if there are any issues with this: http://www.fnarr.net/fp
...And so to bed.