FinderPop 2.2.4b6 BETA | Thrillseekers | Snow Leopard *ONLY*

Availability announcements of the latest betas, etc.

Re: FinderPop 2.2.4b6 BETA | Thrillseekers | Snow Leopard *ONLY*

Postby offline » 16 Jan 2010, 22:43

Yes, unfortunately it's repeatable.
just install it and right-click on something (text, a folder, space in a folder) with FolderGlance and FinderPop active. Boom.
If it makes any difference, I had uninstalled FinderPop when I upgraded to SnowLeopard as it wasn't compatible. FolderGlance became compatible and offered the functionality I had in FP.

I'm glad you're back and working on this again, turly. This is one of the programs I depend upon for an efficient work environment.

The only significant difference between FP and FG is the latter works with Snow Leopard. That's a biggie - and I paid for a license. :|

It's going to be an interesting piece of work figuring out which program does what better - once you've figured out a way to play nice.

Best,
Mark

Postby RonaldPR » 17 Jan 2010, 12:49

Getting used to Mac OS X (10.2) after switching from Mac OS 9 was not easy and one of the things I missed most was FinderPop. Then there was Ittec that had similar features and I used that one until it became clear that development had stopped and it was not updated for Tiger. I found FolderGlance and used it until I discovered that FinderPop was available for Mac OS X. Never looked back. FinderPop has been the most important reason for me to postpone upgrading to Snow Leopard. Although FolderGlance appeared to be compatible with Snow Leopard, I waited for Turly to make FinderPop work in Snow Leopard. The beta versions now seem to be working fine, so one of these days I will upgrade.

I cannot comment on the current FolderGlance versions, but it's basic functionality is very similar to FinderPop's basic features. I do not see how or why anyone would or could use both at the same time.
RonaldPR

Postby BoySetsTheFire » 23 Jan 2010, 00:51

I found that folderglance had long delays and was not as responsive as finderpop. I'm running SL on a MacBook Pro and maybe the delay in FG can be attributed to my specific configuration. Anybody else find FG to be slow or unresponsive.
BoySetsTheFire

Postby turly » 24 Jan 2010, 20:18

Hey Offline - please give 2.2.4b7 a try.

I was not able to reproduce any problems with FolderGlance - but then I didn't pay for it so maybe some features (which may be required to reproduce the problem) are disabled? I doubt it, but like I say, I didn't see any crashes.

In any event, just looking at your crash log was enough to point me in the general direction and I added a few more sanity checks - some assumptions I made may hold true for the Finder but may not for the Finder + FolderGlance. Additionally, the mere act of having FolderGlance installed but turned off causes FinderPop to not see 'control-command-clicks' so there are no 'contents' popups while FG is installed.

To be honest, I'm with RonaldPR above - it's probably not such a great idea to have both FG and FP because they both do more-or-less the same thing and it comes down to a matter of personal preference...
turly
Site Admin

Postby offline » 24 Jan 2010, 23:16

Turly,
I'm getting a 'file not found' error with http://www.finderpop.com/FP224b7-Thrill ... d-Only.zip

Please send me a copy: my email should be on my profile.

Postby turly » 24 Jan 2010, 23:44

Sorry - all fixed now: here is 2.2.4b7. Will email you too.
turly
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Version Announcements